Saturday, October 30, 2010

Solange Knowles at Covet last night

Well I went down to Covet tonight because a good friend of mine was going and wanted me to go as well. The Door staff was very pleasant and the atmosphere was festive. Solange Knowles was on the cards to DJ and DJ she did. She has improved from the last time i heard her at 1 Oak about a month ago which is great.

The complaints are still coming in about her and other celebs hoping on the DJ game and depriving professional DJs from work. Some DJs complain that there are C list celebs looking for a quick buck by turning to DJing. As true as this may be, is this a fair assumption? Producers have turned rappers, singers have turned actors, actors turned singers, so isn't it ok for a singer to turn DJ? A, B or C list it doesn't matter. now if they were just doing it and screwing up i'd get it. But she is doing a good job, tonight the crowd was rocking and i even rocked, and those that know me can tell you, a DJ has to come correct to make me rock!

So i give Solange my go ahead and support, as a DJ critique and a manager she gets my blessing!!!

  keep rocking the party SK !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment